Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sunflower Block


Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers! They are so big and bright...they just make me smile!

Just print out the following templates and cut out.
This block is done using raw edge applique.
I used three fabrics, I chose batiks. One background fabric and two for the sunflower.
Cut a 10-1/2 inch square for background.
Iron on paper back fusible to wrong side of the flower fabrics, draw on paper side and cut out.
Lay #1 right side up centered on background.
Lay #2 right side up on top of #1 turning to get the petal placement you want.
Place center on top and press to secure all the layers.
Stitch edges down using your favorite stitch!



These are some Beautiful Sunflowers from my garden; after they are done blooming, I throw the seed heads out for the birds to snack on! 














Sunflower Pattern





Thank you for your time and if you have any questions or comments let me know!  Damsel

Sing Bluebird Sing!

Raw edge applique Bluebird Block You can find this Block here: https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/sing-b...