Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Breakfast Egg Cup Rug

I'm fascinated with Egg Cups and have never really used them because I mostly eat egg whites. 
Egg cups were mainly used in Europe by wealthy families, sometimes made of gold and silver. 
You can find these little cuties made of just about everything; porcelain, glass, even wood though they are not to commonly used here in the states and you can probably find one at an antique shop or a thrift store.
I picked up this Egg Cup, plain but cute at a thrift shop and decided to make myself a treat for breakfast! I made this Bright End of Summer Egg Cup Rug to enjoy it on! Delicious!



Perfectly Cooked Soft-Boiled Egg
for your Egg Cup



Place the freshest possible egg into a small saucepan, cover with cold water.



Over high heat bring to a boil, just when large bubbles break the surface.



Cover and remove from heat. Set timer for 4 minutes.


When timer rings, remove egg with slotted spoon to a fresh clean towel.




Handle carefully, and place wide end up in cup.


Using a sharp knife, slice of just the top.


Enjoy with a nice piece of toast and some Coffee or Tea.


Contact me at seastar42@msn.com with any questions

Thread Painted Lady Slippers

Walking through the woods in New Hampshire when I was young, I would come upon beautiful pink lady slippers! I was told never pick them be...