Monday, July 8, 2013

Chickens For Me!

                Suddenly.......I became obsessed with Chickens!
I wanted some real live chickens for eggs! If you have never had the pleasure of tasting fresh eggs....you are missing out! Inevitably the delectable taste of that fresh egg, created my obsession!
I would have been better off never knowing!


I have the most wonderful Husband, surely he would let me have a few chickens!
"Honey? I want to get some chickens!" He looked at me with a scrunchy face, "NO!" I couldn't believe my ears, he always said yes!
My first thought was "he must not love me as much as he used to!" Silly girl, I'll just try again when he is in a better mood.



 I tried several more times, the answer was still a Big NO!
I was not a happy camper! I came across a book called Chicken and Egg By Janice Cole, I thought by the time I finished this book, I would convince him! Enjoyed every second of this book, lots of great recipes and the real life of having chickens. Lots of funny moments and she too had trouble selling her husband on the idea of having chickens, but did it anyway! Hah! Maybe that's what I should do, Hmmm.....I thought!


Back of Quilt
When I finished reading the book, I decided I didn't want chickens anymore, the author made me realized there was a lot more to owning chickens than I thought! Lucky for my Husband!
Really enjoyed the book though, I highly recommend reading this, even if you are not considering chickens, you will enjoy this book! Did I say lots of great recipes too!
That's why I came up with this wall quilt! I kind of have chickens now, and my husband likes these!



     One of My Favorite Ways to Eat Eggs
                          Spicy Egg on a Crispy Tortilla for One


Ingredients
One fresh corn tortilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3-1/2 cup salsa (your favorite or make your own)
1 egg
shredded cheddar




         Heat oil on Medium-high heat and fry tortilla on both sides.




Until golden brown, drain on paper towel and set aside.


Dump out excess oil and pour salsa in pan
 and heat until salsa starts to boil


Drop egg into hot salsa




Turn burner down to medium heat and cover and cook for 3 minutes


 Place tortilla on plate and using spatula; swoop that delicious salsa and egg onto the tortilla! 


 Top with shredded cheddar and Enjoy!




Enjoy this book by Janice Cole while you savor this Spicy egg on a crispy tortilla!

Any questions contact me at seastar42@msn.com~ love to hear from you!
Please leave comments too! Thanks for taking the time!
~Damsel