I was lucky to have a few fabrics with hearts!
2. Dab with glue stick on all corners to hold in place.
4. You can use the small heart templates and cut from fabric and glue a few of those in place too!
6. Once you like placement, draw around heart with a fabric marker.
7. Remove heart template and check out if the placement is what you like. You can always re-trace if you wish.
All raw edges within drawn heart stitched!
9. Cut out heart along drawn line.
10. Lay out backing fabric, right side down, then batting on top, then heart right side up.
12. Set up machine for free-motion quilting and stitch to secure all layers together.
This rug is ready for that mug! Plenty of room for a treat too!