|A Calorie-Free Way to Enjoy Christmas Cookies!|
1 yard green cotton print
1 yard red cotton print
3/4 yard cotton fabric for borders
Scraps of small cotton prints about 5-inch squares for cookies
Scraps of cotton batting for cookies
Cotton batting 60 x 50 inches for quilt
Cotton fabric for back 60 x 50 inches
Cotton fabric for binding
Fabric dye sticks for details on faces and buttons
Optional red ribbon for Teddy Bear Bow
1. Cut green and red fabric into 6-1/2 inch strips.
2. Cut strips into 6-1/2 inch squares.
|Scraps for Cookies|
5. Make cookie sandwich~5 to 5-1/2 inch square cotton batting on bottom, then square of fabric, right side up on top of batting, finally piece of fabric you drew cookie pattern on, wrong side up. You should have a nice little square sandwich. The batting between give the cookies a nice little lift on the finished quilt.
7. Set up machine with matching thread and stitch on line using a small stitch, leave a one inch opening to turn.
13. Cut 3-1/2 inch strips from border fabric, sew to sides and then top and bottom.
14. Layer backing, batting then cookie top, and pin in place.
15. Stitch through all layers around cookies (so they puff up)and then quilt blocks and borders as desired.
16. Bind quilt.
|Candy Stripe Backing|