Saturday, August 18, 2012

MORE MUG RUGS!

Feel free to contact me at                                       
seastar42@msn.com                                               
if you have a question.         




Gardening and Donuts Mug Rug for Mom

My Mom decided she wanted me to make a mug rug for her for Mother's Day. I asked her what she wanted and she replied whatever you want to do, you know my favorite colors! Which are purples and pinks. 
I decided to make this rug 2-sided, gardening for the front, one of Mom's favorite warm weather pastimes, and donuts on the back, one of her favorites treats! Especially Coconut! She will never refuse a stop at Dunkin Donuts!
I even stuck her cat "Petu" in the corner.
Donuts and Teapots for the Back


Which came first? The Mug or the Rug?

For me I usually find the mugs first, and then design my rug around the mug. I like to add special unique touches, thinking outside the box.
When I was working on a rug one day I wrote this poem especially for these cuties!
I'm a mug rug, cute and sweet;
just enough room for a drink and a treat!
If you happen to drip, or drop a crumb;
gently wash me by hand so....... 
I'll be ready when snack time comes!
                                                               By Damsel


Kitten at Sleep and Play                     
Front

Friends and Family
Back

 Flowers by the Lake
Front
Forrest by the Lake
Back

My Other Car is a Horse
Front
Back
Don't forget to follow me and leave comments too!