Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TEA FOR TWO JEAN APRON

I had so many pairs of jeans with holes in the knees I just had to figure out ways to re-purpose them. So I decided; since I wear aprons all the time for sewing/quilting, cooking, and yard work, I should make some fun aprons!


  1. I cut off the legs and crotch.
  2. Cut up the side seams to separate the front from the back. I use both sides for 2 separate aprons.(this apron is from the back of the pants)
  3. Lay jean apron front on selected fabric, right sides together, and cut along edge.
  4. Insert jean needle in machine and sew all the way around all edges of apron with a 1/2-inch seam leaving an 8-inch opening on the side. Stitch around again.
  5. Turn right sides out, pushing out edges at points and all along seams, press and hand sew opening closed.
  6. Use extra fabric from back to make a belt-tie, double the size of the loop adding 1/2 inch, fold in half and sew 1/4 inch form edge. Leave 4-inch opening, turn, press and sew closed.
  7. Insert into belt loops for apron ties.
  8. Decorate as desired. I like to use fabric paints to paint on design. Or you can cut out fabric cut-outs, and glue in place or use store-bought appliques.
  9. Use your imagination!
Please leave comments and follow me for more fun!


Fun Whimsical Tea Cups!








Back of Apron