I had so many pairs of jeans with holes in the knees I just had to figure out ways to re-purpose them. So I decided; since I wear aprons all the time for sewing/quilting, cooking, and yard work, I should make some fun aprons!
- I cut off the legs and crotch.
- Cut up the side seams to separate the front from the back. I use both sides for 2 separate aprons.(this apron is from the back of the pants)
- Lay jean apron front on selected fabric, right sides together, and cut along edge.
- Insert jean needle in machine and sew all the way around all edges of apron with a 1/2-inch seam leaving an 8-inch opening on the side. Stitch around again.
- Turn right sides out, pushing out edges at points and all along seams, press and hand sew opening closed.
- Use extra fabric from back to make a belt-tie, double the size of the loop adding 1/2 inch, fold in half and sew 1/4 inch form edge. Leave 4-inch opening, turn, press and sew closed.
- Insert into belt loops for apron ties.
- Decorate as desired. I like to use fabric paints to paint on design. Or you can cut out fabric cut-outs, and glue in place or use store-bought appliques.
- Use your imagination!
|Please leave comments and follow me for more fun!|
|Fun Whimsical Tea Cups!|
|Back of Apron|